GUNTER KUWERT MEMORIAL
MY DAD’S LIFE
By Lisa Every
Gunter Kuwert born in Pillau Prussia,which is now part of Russia.
He was one of six boys.
– Kurt Kuwert born 1925 and died at the age of 67 from cancer in 1992
– Gunter Kuwert born 1927 and died at the age of 83 from Kidney failure and Cardio Myopathy 2010.
– Hans Kuwert born 1929 and died at the age of 71 from cancer in 2000.
– Heinrich Kuwert born 1930 and died at the age of 72 from a Heart Attack in 2002.
– Helmut Kuwert born 1932 and still living.
– Oswald Kuwert born 1940 and died at the age of 68 from Cancer in 2008
– Kurt Kuwert ( Dad’s dad Opa to us) was a Wagon Maker and died from Cancer at the age of 65
– Ida Kuwert (Dad’s mum Oma to us) did Domestic Duties and died 1982 at the age of 82 from old age.
Front Row from Left to Right Helmut, Mother(Ida), Oswald, Father ( Kurt)
Dad was 15 years of age when the German Army sent him to WAR.War went for 5 years.He was then caught by the Russians in Denmark and taken to Russia were he spent four years in a prison of war camp.That was against the Geneva Convention.
Dad went from the Navy to War to walk behind the Troops to bury the Dead.
In 1951 at the age of 24 he arrived in Canberra.
Please read the article of his Journey from Germany to Canberra.
HISTORY OF THE JENNINGS GERMANS
1951 TO 1986